As of early July 2018, appointed members of the Nominating Committee for 2018-2019 are still being sought. If you have an interest in serving on the Nominating Committee, please contact Erik Ford at 312-804-946 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members of the CBP 2018 Nominating Committee, besides CBP’s officers, as of July 2018:
- Sheryl Appleberry
- Sheila Faber
- Ray Campbell
- Zak Wilson
- Michael Lane
- Karen Parkinson
- Yadav Nathwani
- Rob Herbold
- Chip Miller
- Julie Spiller
The CBP Nominating Committee consists of up to 16 residents elected at the previous Town Meeting, Open spots may be filled by appointment. Please see our by-laws for details.
Wide representation of the community is sought. The CBP bylaws require the Nominating Committee to have balanced representation from within the Village of Glen Ellyn.
Role of Nominating Committee:
- Raise public understanding that CBP assures quality non-partisan government and volunteer involvement.
- Promote resident involvement and support (includes supplying names for CBP’s fund-raising appeal).
- Recruit potential candidates for Village and Library office.
- Interview potential candidates to determine their interest and qualifications.
- Nominate candidates.
- Prompt residents to attend Town Meeting and vote. (Note: Members promote slate, not particular candidates.)
- Help as needed at the Town Meeting.
- Circulate petitions and work to get candidates elected if opposed.